Online Backup of FEBE

Have an idea for an extension? Post and discuss it here.

Online Backup of FEBE

Postby MikyMouse » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:46 am

I wish i cud do an online backup of my extensions........

like what del.icio.us does for my bookmarks......
MikyMouse

online backup via ftp/http/https

Postby thewackonerd » Fri May 05, 2006 6:42 pm

An online backup is the way to go, I use several computers and work from several locations and would love to have the same extentions on all my computers.

Sure hope you can do this.

Great job so far guys, thanks
thewackonerd

Re: online backup via ftp/http/https

Postby cbaker_admin » Fri May 05, 2006 11:37 pm

thewackonerd wrote:An online backup is the way to go, I use several computers and work from several locations and would love to have the same extentions on all my computers.

Sure hope you can do this.

Actually, I am looking into it. I know it can be done, it's just a question of how complicated it will be to implement. I have been playing with setting my destination directory to a networked directory on the Internet. It should work in theory, but it is going to take some more work.

Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby phuklok1 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:28 am

maybe you can use bookmark synchronizer as the basis of how to implement FTP, HTTP, etc. It should provide a working base.
phuklok1

Postby cbaker_admin » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:23 pm

Good idea.

In the meantime, I noticed that someone else has figured out a way to do it using Gspace (Google). He gives instructions on his blog. He has an xpi link on his page, but it isn't a valid package. You could get the needed extensions elsewhere.

Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

That would be great. I use foxmarks for my bookmarks, but

Postby five_fingers » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:31 pm

an equivalent for extensions would be the berries.
five_fingers

Oh Please?!?!

Postby JMM » Sat May 05, 2007 7:24 am

A FEBE version that works like Foxmarks?

I really want to see that one!
JMM

I want it!

Postby anystupidassname » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:14 pm

SSH, HTTPS, and maybe secure FTP would be the only protocols I'd be interested in. Please add this! That would be so awesome. Right now I'm stuck using a third party tool to map a drive to my linux box...
anystupidassname

Postby vendex » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:54 am

I used a WebDav connection to make an internet site as a mapped network drive. That worked without problem but I would prefersome form of ftp.
vendex

Postby vurtomatic » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:50 pm

I'm also looking forward to such a functionality in FEBE! Is there any other automated workaround at the moment?
vurtomatic

Postby Florian Fiegel » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:35 am

There is a extension for Thunderbird called adressbook synchronizer, that saves the adressbooks direktly to an IMAP-Folder. Maybe this would be another way to make this happen. Or just to send a complete Backup(similar to Gspace) per Mail.

Also an automatic ftp would be a cool way. :)

I'm looking for it.

PS: Whats up with the Google Browser Sync? Maybe there could be a way to combine in near future? :idea: :?:
Florian Fiegel

Status update

Postby vltakacs » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:52 am

Hi dudes,

Is there any "mission update" of the online FEBE sync project?

I hardly can wait! :)))
This would beat google browsersync indeed!

Cheers,

Viktor L. Takacs
vltakacs

Postby mazzzzz » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:07 pm

I would LOVE to be able to backup to my server.. All I ask is that you add a ftp option, and allow the user to upload on close, and download by say clicking a button "sync".
That would be great, I love the extension, and hope you add ftp to it..
mazzzzz
mazzzzz

Eagerly awaiting

Postby tomw » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:49 pm

So, this is great stuff. I've implemented a custom DAV solution at home with xmarks and this makes me happy that my stuff isnt hanging around in the cloud somewhere. I anticipate the support of DAV to allow for FEBE to backup to my personal server too (I dont want my stuff hanging around in some cloud). Any news on this front?
tomw

Postby Straudog » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:07 pm

We are many thousands with the same need and waiting for this function. There are a few ways to do it. Try the one I explained today on my post how I make automatic FTP backups. It is a way around. Vote on the related poll.
Straudog

Return to Wishlist