Toggle personal toolbar

Have an idea for an extension? Post and discuss it here.

Toggle personal toolbar

Postby evbrown2 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:25 pm

Here is my suggestion for a kool simple extension. I like to have as much screen real estate visible as possible. But I also like the personal toolbar in Firefox.

Could we have a button, perhaps down on the status bar, next to your goto top and goto bottom buttons that would toggle the personal toolbar button on and off?

This would be very kool and hopefully very simple to code.

8-) Ed
evbrown2

Postby cbaker_admin » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:35 pm

Ed, I think what you want is already of function of Firefox.

If you click View > Toolbars and uncheck "Bookmarks Toolbar" the toolbar I think you refer to as the "Personal Toolbar" will be hidden.

Is this the toolbar you mean?
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby evbrown » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:58 am

Yes it is a function if you right mouse click on a blank space on the toolbar and then check or uncheck the "Bookmarks Toolbar" option.

My wish list is to make this simpler and easier to use. For example I can use the slider bar just fine to go to the top or bottom of the message. But it is much easier to use the Go to Top button.

8-)
evbrown

Postby evbrown » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:00 pm

Chuck,

Thank you for the 5 favorite extensions message thread. As a result of looking at your favorites, and following variations on the mouse gestures, I found what I was looking for. MenuX has a toggle personal toolbar button in its toolbar addons.

Thanks,

8-)
evbrown

Return to Wishlist