FEBE Wish List

Have an idea for an extension? Post and discuss it here.

FEBE Wish List

Postby tabbykitty » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:03 am

Hi Chuck

Thank you for the beta and for building in an option to cancel back up on shut down. I asked for this forever ago and you put in to the very next build right after I requested it, so thank you very much! :D This feature has saved me a lot of time seeing as I am always opening and closing Firefox and needed to be able to choose which shutdown I wanted to back up on

My wish list so far would be the following:

1. To have a quick backup button that you could just click and it would do it all for you automatically (without having to "Get List" or "Select All") but that might be impractical?
2. if you could pre-setup a quick back up folder perhaps on the "Where to back up" tab where you could select your Quick Backup folder (I like the quick backup facility a lot by the way)
3. Would it be silly to have an option to "Restore All" from the restore menu? I know that one could restore a profile but I don't often backup the whole profile so a restore all would be useful, or some sort of checking system where you could check the ones that you wanted to restore and then click restore.
4. I hate to critisize the sounds that play on notifications etc., and I like them I really do, but could you perhaps re-record them at a lower volume please, please. please as they are way out of synch with the rest of my computers volume (if you know what I mean). I wear headphones all the time and I often get a fright when I shut down FF and forget that a FEBE message is coming up. I do know that there are others out there that think the same thing.
5. A little thing, but could you put in an option to turn the status bar (now add-on bar) icon on or off and make the icon moveable like some other recently updated add-ons have done (you can drag them on the status bar in the same way as you would on the toolbar)

I really can't think of anything else other than what is listed above. With the addition of the Import/export preferences feature that you have recently implemented I think that FEBE is pretty much perfect, and with such a well thought out and beautifully designed interface. Thank you for one of the best add ons out there. This one is in my must have list
tabbykitty

Re: FEBE Wish List

Postby cbaker_admin » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:26 pm

I'll add these to my todo list and see how practical they would be.

In the meantime as far as the sounds, you can edit them yourself. They are standard .wav files that can be manipulated with any sound editor (I would recommend Audacity). The sound files can be found in profile\extensions\{4BBDD651-70CF-4821-84F8-2B918CF89CA3}\chrome\febe.jar\content\sounds\. Since they are inside a .jar file, you will need a utility like 7-zip that allows you to edit files contained in an archive without having to unzip them.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Re: FEBE Wish List

Postby tabbykitty » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:57 am

Hi Chuck

Thank you for your quick reply! I will try editing the sounds and let you know how I get on
tabbykitty

Return to Wishlist