Pending extension installation and FEBE

Have an idea for an extension? Post and discuss it here.

Pending extension installation and FEBE

Postby wand » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:06 am

Hello.

With all the automatic extension updates that are implemented in the latest FF versions, when trying to start the scheduled backups FEBE more and more complains about pending extensions installations. It would be nice if in the window that warns about the pending installations there was an extra option to "restart FF and then perform the backup". I don't know how difficult this could be and what problems may arise from such an option though. Chuck, what do you think?

P.S.: Perhaps a "restart FF and perform the backup 5 minutes after the restart, just this once, without changing the schedule" option might be safer? It would give time to process any upgraded extension window or dialog opening or stuff, if necessary...
wand

Re: Pending extension installation and FEBE

Postby cbaker_admin » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:52 am

Under FEBE Options > How to backup there is an option for Warn about pending extension installs. If this box in not checked, FEBE will ignore the pending extensions during the backup. If Fx is restarted anytime between that backup and the next one, FEBE will backup those skipped extensions (as a restart will finish the installation).
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Re: Pending extension installation and FEBE

Postby wand » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:56 am

cbaker_admin wrote:Under FEBE Options > How to backup there is an option for Warn about pending extension installs. If this box in not checked, FEBE will ignore the pending extensions during the backup. If Fx is restarted anytime between that backup and the next one, FEBE will backup those skipped extensions (as a restart will finish the installation).

Thanks Chuck, i knew that. I was asking if possible to automatically restart FF and then perform the backup, in order to also backup the updated extensions. I have a backup plan every 1 week and such an option would be pretty nice if existed. Do you think it's possible or too difficult / not worth the trouble?
wand

Return to Wishlist