Disable Extension

Have an idea for an extension? Post and discuss it here.

Disable Extension

Postby undrline » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:53 pm

I'm surprised it doesn't exist yet . . . but would probably work well along the lines of CLEO and FEBE.

If you want to "disable" an extension, currently, you have to uninstall it, restart FFx, and go find the xpi to install it again when you want to "enable" it. There should be an extension that can temporarily shut off an extension, and then turn it back on when you want to enable it again, without having to redo all your settings and so forth.
undrline

Postby cbaker_admin » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:06 pm

Actually this function does already exist (at least with Firefox 1.5). Click "Tools > Extensions", select (highlight) the extension you want to disable, right-click and click "Disable". Similar steps will enable the extension.

Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Didn't notice that.

Postby undrline » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:19 pm

If you hadn't've pointed it out, it probably would have been several years or versions that would've gone by before I noticed it.

Any idea how well it works? for instance, if I want to check AdBlock against AdBlock Plus, install both at the same time, and use this disable function to "toggle" between the two?
undrline

Postby cbaker_admin » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:25 pm

Of course it differs between extensions, but I see no reason you can't do just that. I disable/enable extensions all the time with no ill effects so far.

Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Return to Wishlist