I may have already asked this of you long ago, but if not...

Have an idea for an extension? Post and discuss it here.

I may have already asked this of you long ago, but if not...

Postby chosenbygrace » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:47 pm

1. If you haven't fixed this bug already could you eliminate the bug in which when selecting to back up everything at once it times out in it's taking forever? This bug pops up whenever trying to save everything all at once.

2. Another bug is when it auto pops a page telling you it's saved such and such yet the progress menu is still going and NEVER goes away! And if I close it says IT FAILED TO SAVE! What the hell?

3. FEBE does not seem to be able to genuinely save the user preferences, for example it doesn't save how I arranged the menu buttons or the one added toolbar I make to add where I put buttons. It also doesn't save the settings I make for the app Simple Clocks, forcing me to add the time zone settings all over again.

4. I don't know if this is X-Marks' problem or FEBE's, but one of these apps doesn't work right with the other, some bug pops up causing severe problems, I forget what, but it forced me to stop using FEBE since X-marks is more useful and less buggy. It's hard finding X-Marks by name on the firefox addon site, but can be found using google.

5. It's very annoying that FEBE pops up warnings to the lower right, plus it pops up in a bizarre and excruciatingly slow way, as if the computer has slowed to a crawl, and it seems to slow my computer down in general and perhaps too when making this ridiculous and pointless beep sound of some sort, it's not as if the battery is about to die so why add such a sound? I'd bet it's playing that sound that slows stuff down. But anyways please make a pop up in the middle of the screen rather than that ridiculous other menu method.

Thanks for the free app but please fix these annoyances already, I pointed these problems out months or even years ago.
chosenbygrace

Re: I may have already asked this of you long ago, but if no

Postby cbaker_admin » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:09 pm

First of all you did not mention what version of FEBE you are/were using. The current version is FEBE 8.0.

1. If you haven't fixed this bug already could you eliminate the bug in which when selecting to back up everything at once it times out in it's taking forever? This bug pops up whenever trying to save everything all at once.

Everything all at once? I'm not sure what you mean. A full profile backup? Selective? Both?

2. Another bug is when it auto pops a page telling you it's saved such and such yet the progress menu is still going and NEVER goes away! And if I close it says IT FAILED TO SAVE! What the hell?

If the progress window does not close by itself and you do not get the FEBE results report, the backup encountered an error and has stopped working. If you were to open the Error console or Browser console (Tools > Web Developer) a list of errors will be displayed. If you post these errors, I can help debug the problem.

3. FEBE does not seem to be able to genuinely save the user preferences, for example it doesn't save how I arranged the menu buttons or the one added toolbar I make to add where I put buttons. It also doesn't save the settings I make for the app Simple Clocks, forcing me to add the time zone settings all over again.

FEBE backs up all the preferences that appear in about:config. Your button layout is not stored in these preferences. Instead, it is stored in a file named localstore.rdf located in your profile directory. This file is backed up during a full profile backup but not during a selective backup. The reason for this is because the file is profile specific. If you were to restore it into a different profile, your layout would be totally messed up.

As for the Simple Clocks extension, the preferences are most likely being stored someplace else.

4. I don't know if this is X-Marks' problem or FEBE's, but one of these apps doesn't work right with the other, some bug pops up causing severe problems, I forget what, but it forced me to stop using FEBE since X-marks is more useful and less buggy. It's hard finding X-Marks by name on the firefox addon site, but can be found using google.

I don't use X-marks so I can't comment.

5. It's very annoying that FEBE pops up warnings to the lower right, plus it pops up in a bizarre and excruciatingly slow way, as if the computer has slowed to a crawl, and it seems to slow my computer down in general and perhaps too when making this ridiculous and pointless beep sound of some sort, it's not as if the battery is about to die so why add such a sound? I'd bet it's playing that sound that slows stuff down. But anyways please make a pop up in the middle of the screen rather than that ridiculous other menu method.

Have you looked in FEBE Options? Specifically, How to backup > Play sounds and Advanced > Miscellaneous > Message popup style.

I pointed these problems out months or even years ago.

Your profile says you only joined this board 04 Mar 2014 11:32 am. And the only post you've made is the one I'm replying to now.
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Return to Wishlist