My Box.net window stays open period. Once it does the upload it is open, and the only way to close it is to end-task and that closes Firefox.
If I let Firefox stay open over night (I have backups for some odd hour of the morning):
1. a "Box.net upload results" window opens and is on the taskbar and cannot be accessed or closed.
2. a "Box.net upload complete" message is open and I can click to close it.
3. a FEBE Results tab appears showing the time date and list of extensions on a yellow background saying items processed, etc. It doesn't say the word "complete" anywhere tho.
I can ignore the results window and go about my business until:
1) pdf download wants to give me a message on how I want to download, and the message never displays and Firefox gets stuck. Only way is to end-task
2) The session manager (TMP) wants to tell me I'm closing tabs when I close Firefox: that message never displays and Firefox is totally locked up. end-task time.
Today there was a first-time-once-only anomaly in that a while (maybe a minute) after I clicked ok to the FEBE box.net upload complete message, a complete window outline with lines and arrows, but no scroll bar appeared in the middle of the screen. It didn't seem to affect anything, so I worked in and around it for a while, then I got to a page with a dark background, and inside this outline window was text barely visible that said FEBE stuff and stuff about upload. It was hard to read so faint. I think it listed extensions.
Another interesting note is that when I start Firefox now, FEBE says the last backup was on July 09 and I'm late making a deposit to the backup fund. But at least four times since that date, Firefox has run overnight, and there has been an upload complete message in the morning, and box.net says the files are up to date.
I'm just checking now for a later version than the one I referenced above, so if there is a later FEBE beta I will install it after I post this message.