backup of tabs

"Firefox Environment Backup Extension" and "Compact Library Extension Organizer" discussion and bug reporting.

backup of tabs

Postby hramat » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:37 am

Would it be possible to include a possiblity to backup of tabs. I am using computer at work and I would like to continue using the same tabs when I come home.

I would backup all my settings to box.net at work PC and then restore them at home PC.

Do you have any other suggestions how to do this other way.

thanks
matej
hramat

Postby cbaker_admin » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:17 pm

You can setup a user-defined backup to backup the sessionstore.js file located in your profile directory. This file contains the urls of all open tabs when closing Firefox. You may have to manually restore the file as FEBE user-defined restores try to restore to the original folder. Or you might be able to create a similar user-defined backup entry on your home computer that includes the correct profile path.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby hramat » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:58 pm

Since I am using Firefox Portable I have found sessionstore.js file in Firefox program directory in D:\programs\Firefox\Data\profile. At home, I am using exactly the same copy of portable Firefox (also profile is in exactly the same directory) so I believe it won't be a big problem to synchronize every time tabs and also other settings.

thanks a lot for help
hramat

Return to FEBE/CLEO