FEBE Box.net backup Fails 'Wrong Input XML'

"Firefox Environment Backup Extension" and "Compact Library Extension Organizer" discussion and bug reporting.

Re: FEBE Box.net backup Fails 'Wrong Input XML'

Postby cbaker_admin » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:02 pm

Yes ... the versioning is a little off, but the one I want you to test is indeed 6.3.2.2. It is not listed on the homepage.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4384
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:51 pm
Location: Glendale, AZ USA

Re: FEBE Box.net backup Fails 'Wrong Input XML'

Postby eriji » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:02 pm

Ok, here's the results. Not quite what I expected...

Tested on two machines as follows:

Windows Vista, FF 3.6, FEBE 6.3.2.2
Secure Access (SSL) option OFF at box.net = FEBE Upload Complete
Secure Access (SSL) option ON at box.net = FEBE fail (error was "Cannot create folder. Wrong input XML" and the FEBE-box.net dialogue box did not close.)

Windows XP, FF 3.5.8, FEBE 6.3.2.2
Secure Access (SSL) option ON at box.net = FEBE Upload Complete
Secure Access (SSL) option OFF at box.net = FEBE Upload Complete

Same box.net account on both machines.
Same FEBE settings on both machines (full profile backup, create dated directories)

I did a full backup process each time, meaning I selected Tools, FEBE, Perform Backup.
eriji
 

Re: FEBE Box.net backup Fails 'Wrong Input XML'

Postby cbaker_admin » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:09 pm

Is it consistent? By that I mean does the first failure you posted happen every time? Are the Box.net FEBE settings the same on both machines? (In particular, the root directory and the use timestamp option)
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4384
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:51 pm
Location: Glendale, AZ USA

Re: FEBE Box.net backup Fails 'Wrong Input XML'

Postby eriji » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:26 pm

*grimmace*

No, it does not seem to be consistent. But it takes about 1/2 hour to do each test, so its going to be a while....

In the first test, I turned Secure access (SSL) back on on box.net and tried the backup on the Vista, 3.6, 6.3.2.2 machine and it worked ok.

So, Vista/FF3.6 was failing consistently originally (SSL on), but now has had a successful run with SSL on.

I'll work on it some more tomorrow to run more tests.

The settings are identical in FEBE, including base directory and the dated sub-directory.
eriji
 

Previous

Return to FEBE/CLEO

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

cron