FEBE 7 beta releases

"Firefox Environment Backup Extension" and "Compact Library Extension Organizer" discussion and bug reporting.

Re: FEBE 7 beta releases

Postby modem » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:19 pm

On this last computer I have 3 java console extensions: 6.0.20 and 6.0.21 disabled, and 6.0.22 enabled. Since FEBE does not find them and presents an error when doing the backup I wanted to add them to the ignore list but the list shows me the same extension 3 times Java Consile {6.0.22} so when performing the backup it still shows the error in regarding the other 2. Is there a place I can add them manualy?
modem

Postby tomorrow » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:32 pm

modem wrote:On this last computer I have 3 java console extensions: 6.0.20 and 6.0.21 disabled, and 6.0.22 enabled. Since FEBE does not find them and presents an error when doing the backup I wanted to add them to the ignore list but the list shows me the same extension 3 times Java Consile {6.0.22} so when performing the backup it still shows the error in regarding the other 2. Is there a place I can add them manualy?

These Java Consoles can't be backed up normally anyway because the are not in the profile folder but in the program files folder where Firefox core files are.For example on my x64 system they were in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\extensions
tomorrow

Postby vinograd » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:40 am

Chuck,

An other observation. While backup and directory verification can not find any extensions, quick backup sees all my extensions. Perhaps you are using two different mechanisms for extension discovery?

Dave
vinograd

Postby modem » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:56 am

tomorrow wrote:These Java Consoles can't be backed up normally anyway because the are not in the profile folder but in the program files folder where Firefox core files are.For example on my x64 system they were in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\extensions

I know, that's why I want to add them to the ignore list so I don't get the errors while performing the backup. The problem is that when FEBE shows the error, it stops what he was doing.
modem

Postby gzk » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:47 am

>
> cbaker_admin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:49 am
> Does it hang only when restoring browser history? What happens if you restore a full profile backup?
> Chuck
>

Yes, everything else works fine. It just hangs on Browser History.
I will try and do a full profile backup now.

Also FYI - my browser history file is large-ish at 15Mb and covers 6 months of browsing... so I dont know if the size is a problem ?
gzk

Postby Stanwii » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:12 am

I am new to this board and I did not read all of the posts. I just scanned some of the more recent ones and saw that people are having the same problem that I am experiencing, so I wanted to jump in. If it has already been solved, I apologize.

Anyway, my problem is that I too cannot get FEBE 7 beta2 to recognize my extensions. It can find them in the quick backup, but not in the main profile backup. I have tried doing selective backups, resetting FEBE, and deselecting "run asynchronously," but it still will not work. FEBE has been invaluable for me, so I hope this gets worked out soon. Thanks.
Stanwii

Postby cbaker_admin » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:21 am

Yes, this is a known bug and I am working diligently to solve it. The problem derives from the new asynchronous routines that Mozilla forced upon us developers with Fx 4. The changes to these routines are poorly documented and few, if any, good examples exist. I have to figure out how to implement them on my own through trial and error and it is a very frustrating process.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby tomorrow » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:37 pm

For me FEBE b2 has been very good.Suprisingly good infactfor a beta.Detects all addons.Backs everything up both in async and non-async modes and so on.
If this helps someone then im using Full Profile backup type.No user defined,no ignore list.Debug mode on and how to backup like this:
tomorrow

Postby Stanwii » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:56 am

Unfortunately, those preferences did not help me. I can afford to be patient, though. Quick Backup is working, and the main backup is at least getting the other parts of my profile. I will just keep waiting for the final product to be ready. Also, should I check back on the beta site for new versions, or will Firefox update them automatically?
Stanwii

Postby tomorrow » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:16 am

Stanwii wrote:Also, should I check back on the beta site for new versions, or will Firefox update them automatically?

Well i had to manually update from b1 to b2.
tomorrow

Postby cbaker_admin » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:55 am

Since the FEBE 7 betas are hosted on my domain, they cannot automatically update/install. If I can't get a stable release ready for AMO in the next few weeks, I will submit it to a beta channel on AMO (which I think will automatically update, but not completely sure). In the meantime, you can watch for beta updates using any of the following:

Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Problems downloading FEBE 7 beta

Postby alaincuadot » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:17 pm

Hi everybody, excelent page and wonderful addin for Firefox, makes our lives easier, I live in Cuba and I´m having problems downloading the FEBE 7.0 Beta. Is there any possibility that anyone upload the febe 7 to a server in order to be able to download it with my conectión? or can anybody mail it to me? -alaincuadot@infomed.sld.cu- Thanks a lot for the help.
alaincuadot

Postby niche99 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:37 pm

Hi,

I have the no extensions being backed up problem. Following the advice on preferences selection. If save copy of FEBE is checked when Asynchronous option is unchecked, FEBE still fails to backup extensions.

Excellent addon however.

Regards,
niche99
niche99

Postby leland » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:30 pm

I am using FEBE 7.0 Beta3 and I too observe that no extensions get backed up except for FEBE if I have the option checked to include a copy with the backup. However as previously mentioned Quick Backup does work. FEBE does backup Firefox data like Bookmarks, Prefs, Cookies, etc; just not extensions. It did not matter if Asynchronous was selected or not.

Leland
leland

Postby brucea » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:47 pm

FEBE 7.0 Beta3 doesn't work at all for me. When I try to do a backup (makes no difference whether Asynchronous is ticked) I get "Extension data is still loading ... try again in a few seconds".

Regards,
Bruce.
brucea

PreviousNext

Return to FEBE/CLEO