FEBE: make user defined backups elements permanent?

"Firefox Environment Backup Extension" and "Compact Library Extension Organizer" discussion and bug reporting.

FEBE: make user defined backups elements permanent?

Postby slipr » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:59 pm

Been using febe for a while now but only recently discovered to my horror that it doesn’t automatically backup sessionstore.js!

Well I then went to make it a permanent backup element by including it through user defined backups. However as far as I can tell it only runs for the first backup and is not included in future backups.

is there a way to make user defined backups selections permanent ?
slipr

Re: FEBE: make user defined backups elements permanent?

Postby cbaker_admin » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:48 pm

The sessionstore.js file is very profile specific and as such it is not included in a selective backup. It is, of course, included in a full profile backup.

As long as FEBE Options > What to backup > Backup type > Additional items > User-defined backups is checked and the user-defined backup item itself has the "Include in backup" box checked, it should be included in each selective backup. (Make sure to "Post entries and exit" after clicking "Submit" in the user-defined backup window.)
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby slipr » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:10 am

hi Chuck,

thanks for getting back to me!

I tried creating a new profile and restoring my 2 day old full profile backup to that but nothing came of it (in fact no changes registered in my new profile at all after the restoration(wierd).

Is there any way i can extract the sessionstore.js from my recent full profile back up? and why didnt my full profile restore have any impact?

tnx!
slipr

Postby cbaker_admin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:38 pm

I don't know why the restore did not appear to affect your session. I'd need more information and files to compare to debug it properly.

In any event, you can extract sessionstore.js from your full profile backup file (profileFx4{profileName}.fbu) using any unzip utility (renaming the backup file to .zip if necessary).
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Return to FEBE/CLEO