This version is a major re-write. I've tried to address and fix all previously reported bugs/problems (including the "Extension data is still loading..." issue). I hope many of you users will find the time to install and test this new version. I would really appreciate any and all feedback.
If you encounter any problems, please leave a post here in this thread.
11/28/14 - v8.2beta released
- Includes all v8.1beta2 fixes including:
- Shortcut key for FEBE backup: Shift-Ctrl-Alt-B (Windows and Linux) or Shift-Command-Option-B (Mac)
- Shortcut key for FEBE options: Shift-Ctrl-Alt-F (Windows and Linux) or Shift-Command-Option-F (Mac)
- New styling applied to all FEBE windows
03/26/2014 - beta13 fixes:
- Beta13 fixes:
- Added "View FEBE preferences" in FEBE Options > Advanced. This is helpful when posting debugging information in the support forum.
03/24/2014 - beta12 fixes:
- Beta12 fixes:
- Permissions problem with *nix platforms. FEBE will attempt to temporarily give read/write/execute permissions to the profile directory and change back when done.
- Better error trapping when profile directory is unreadable
- Tweaks to 'Backup on shutdown' routine
- Added "FEBE debug mode" to FEBE Options > Advanced > Advanced preferences. Checking this box will open and dock the error console.
- Temporarily removed all locales except English (en-US) until translations are done.
03/17/2014 - beta11 fixes:
- Beta11 fixes:
- Same as beta10 but includes locales (most have not been fully translated yet, so untranslated strings will appear in English)
03/12/2014 - beta10 fixes:
- Beta10 fixes:
- User-defined backup settings now load properly
- User-defined backup "Include" checkbox now respected
- Missed scheduled backup fix
03/08/2014 - beta9 fixes:
- Beta9 fixes:
- The "Include 'Copy to clipboard' button on popup messages" checkbox now works as expected and affects alert, help, and other dialog windows.
- The 'Add item to ignore list during backup' function is fixed.
- Most likely the last beta release before submission to AMO.
- Submitted to BabelZilla for localization.
03/02/2014 - beta8 fixes:
- Beta8 fixes:
- Permissions are set to read/write on each backed up file to prevent errors when removing old backup directories (any affected directories created before this update must be manually deleted or fixed with FEBE Options > Advanced > Set read/write permissions in backup folder)
- New icons for Cloud Services > Other backup locations
- Results Report now sorted case insensitive.
- Results Report can now be displayed in RTL or LTR orientation (FEBE Options > How to backup > Display results page). Used in Arabic, Hebrew and many other languages.
- Renaming backup directories between ISO8601 and European fixed.
02/17/2014 - beta7 fixes:
- Beta7 fixes:
- 'Get list' in ignore list now works
- Results page no longer saved as "FEBE NaN NaN-NaN NaN.NaN.NaN.html"
- Display History fixed (note: Please run FEBE Options > Where to backup > Clear backup history to start accumulating valid history data)
- User-defined backup clean-up
- Backup/restore bookmarks (html) now working correctly
02/12/2014 - beta6 fixes:
- Beta6 fixes:
- Backup Time no longer reads "NaN" in non-english locales
- Fixed "ReferenceError: rmDir is not defined febe.js:2623"
02/10/2014 - beta5 fixes:
- Beta5 fixes:
- Fixed "Check AddonManager functionality" routine
- Prevent multiple scheduled backups from occurring between Fx shutdowns/restarts
- Fixed several issues when dealing with multiple open Fx windows
- Timestamp directory name no longer resolves to "FEBE NaN NaN-NaN NaN.NaN.NaN" in non-english locales
01/20/2014 - beta4 fixes:
- No extensions backed up when "Use timestamped directories" not checked
- Under certain conditions, two or more scheduled backups are run simultaneously
01/18/2014 - beta3 fixes:
- Last backup on startup display (Invalid Date)
- Added "Open last backup directory" button in FEBE Options > Where to backup > Lists/Reports
- User-Defined backups not writing to main backup destination directory.
- "Unresponsive script" error chrome://febe/content/febe.js:2032
- Delayed backup entries not removed from displayed list after backup finished
- Added "Show folder" button to Quick Backup
- Profile restore window not resizing correctly
01/08/14 - beta2 - Fixed ignore list crashing Fx