Fix for CLEO 6.0 (msg about wrong FEBE installed)

"Firefox Environment Backup Extension" and "Compact Library Extension Organizer" discussion and bug reporting.

Fix for CLEO 6.0 (msg about wrong FEBE installed)

Postby cbaker_admin » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:15 pm

If you are running CLEO 6.0 and are getting a message about the wrong version of FEBE installed, I've got a fix.

CLEO 6.0.2 has the option to turn off the check for FEBE on startup. When (or if) the message box appears, there is an option to "Check for FEBE on startup". Unchecking this box will force CLEO to avoid the version checking. If the version checking is off and you do not have the correct version of FEBE installed, CLEO will simply not work correctly (or at all).

If the version checking is off and you would like to turn it on again, change the preference extensions.cleo.checkforFEBE to true in about:config.

The problem seems to occur when CLEO is trying to get information about FEBE. I've run into this problem before (i.e., when older FEBE versions would display a message about not being able to load extension data). Firefox's AddonManager.jsm routines run asynchronously and don't always return results in a timely manner. Sometimes it does, other times it doesn't. I cannot duplicate the issue so it is hard to debug. This fix just eliminates the checking all together.
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Re: Fix for CLEO 6.0 (msg about wrong FEBE installed)

Postby clint59 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:28 am

Hi Chuck,

When I click on the link to download Cleo 6.0.1 it downloads Cleo 6.0 BETA and then when I run the CHECK FOR EXTENSION UPDATES in Firefox it downloads Cleo 6.0 sooooooooooooo.....WHERE IS 6.0.1 at??? I keep getting the Cleo message mentioned above and I can only get rid of it by reinstalling FEBE 8.0.4. .......I'm running Firefox Version 28
clint59

Postby cbaker_admin » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:26 am

Strange. I uploaded all the files again and tested the links. Works for me. Please try the link at the top of this page again and let me know.
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby clint59 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:14 pm

Whatever you did Chuck fixed it! Just downloaded and installed and now showing version 6.0.1.....Thanks!!!
clint59

Postby europanorama » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:09 pm

Searching again for FEBE, after FF reset only CLEO 6 is offered. Strange isnt it?
europanorama

Postby europanorama » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:36 am

How to get rid of that window forever? False version FEBE. we have the newest only old version cleo is installed, new one seems not to be saved. Is it telling this until you have an update? Why should i know that?
europanorama

Postby cbaker_admin » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:53 pm

If you have CLEO v6.0.1 installed and it finds a problem with the FEBE installation, you should get a popup window:

If you are certain that you have the proper FEBE version installed, simply uncheck the "Check for FEBE on startup box.

You may also set the preference extensions.cleo.checkforFEBE to false in about:config.
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby europanorama » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:09 pm

Most probably sometimes the checkbos was hidden.
But the biggest problem are the multiple add-on-windows opened up after every FF-update all the time when opening FF. and FF-settings are gone. Only FF reset can cure that. Very annoying.

Last bumped by cbaker_admin on Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:09 pm.
europanorama

Return to FEBE/CLEO