- Cookies (cookies.sqlite)
- Form Fill history (formhistory.sqlite)
- Permissions (permissions.sqlite)
The fix involves exporting the records contained in the files, deleting the files, and importing the records back into new files. To accomplish this, you will need a way to manipulate sqlite files. I recommend using the Sqlite Manager extension.
In this example, I'm going to assume the permissions file is the one that needs to be fixed. The steps are similar for cookies and form fill history.
- Open Sqlite Manager and select permission.sqlite located in your profile folder.
- Select Database > Export database and navigate to some directory you want to save to. Enter a name for the exported file (i.e., 'permissions') and click 'Save'.
- Close Firefox and open your profile folder.
- Delete the file 'permissions.sqlite' (you may want to save the file somewhere before you delete it, if you are overly cautious like me)
- Start Firefox. A new, empty permissions.sqlite file will automatically be created. (NOTE: Some users have reported that the formhistory.sqlite file is not automatically created. If this happens, performing a simple Google search for anything will force Fx to re-create the file. Do this before starting the next step.)
- Open Sqlite Manager and select permission.sqlite again.
- Select Database > Import. Click the 'SQL' tab if it is not already selected. Click 'Select File' and navigate to your saved 'permissions.sql' file. Click 'OK'.
Once the import is complete, you should be able to backup without the errors.