[Solved] FEBE options dialog box partly offscreen Win7

"Firefox Environment Backup Extension" and "Compact Library Extension Organizer" discussion and bug reporting.

[Solved] FEBE options dialog box partly offscreen Win7

Postby Jrandom » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:34 am

For the last few iterations of FEBE, opening the the options dialog on my Win7 x64 machine causes the dialog to display in what appears to be a mobile phone aspect and the tabs across the top of the box appear off the top of the screen and are unable to be selected. This is not happening with my Vista x64 or XP x86 machines.

By temporarily turning on auto-hide of the taskbar AFTER the dialog box is ALREADY OPENED, I can trick it to display the tabs but at that point the close button becomes unaccessable off the bottom of the screen. After closing the dialog, I have to turn off the auto-hide and do it all again next time. I am finding it annoying to have to keep fiddling with Windows settings in order to be able to access the buttons.
Last edited by Jrandom on Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jrandom

Re: FEBE options dialog box partly offscreen Win7

Postby cbaker_admin » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:36 am

No one else has reported this. Can you re-size the options window after opening it? You should also be able to move the window around through drag and dropping it.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby Jrandom » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:20 pm

The dialog box does not allow me to resize. I could find nowhere on the box on any side or corner that would allow me to grip the box to enable a resize operation. The titlebar is unavailable initially, but can be coaxed down through the previously mentioned auto-hide tweaking. Even at that point I am unable to resize the window. Although I can drag the window around, it does not allow me to shrink and remains taller than my laptop screen. After the options screen closes it resorts back to its default position the next time it is opened. My Vista and XP machines look as expected, but the Win7 one is very tall and narrow.

Do I need a specific version of the Visual C++ Redistributables? I'm not familiar with what Firefox uses for add-ons. In the Win 9x days sometmes mismatched form dlls could cause these types of problems, but I generlaly thought the SxS Side-by-Side assembly architecutre introduced in XP SP3 was suppose to prevent that sort of mismatching for these modern versions.
Jrandom

Postby cbaker_admin » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:26 pm

How are you opening FEBE options? If you use Tools > Add-ons > FEBE > Options, you will get an un-resizable window (it's a bug in Fx - none of the options windows for any extension opened there are re-sizable).

Try opening FEBE options from the tools menu or the FEBE icon drop-down menu on the toolbar (if you have placed it there).
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby Jrandom » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:52 pm

Thank you. Accessing from the tools>FEBE menu rather than the addons>FEBE menu allowed me to fix this and it appears to have stayed fixed. I have no idea what threw the window size off to start with but hopefully I'll remember the fix if it happens again.
Jrandom

Return to FEBE/CLEO