Options window too big to use

"Firefox Environment Backup Extension" and "Compact Library Extension Organizer" discussion and bug reporting.

Options window too big to use

Postby gmon » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:39 am

I never have had this problem before, after autoupdating to 8.8.1 the options window is too large to be able to access any settings, normally I go ahead and clear FEBE after an update and then redo my settings, but I can't as there is no way to resize the window and I am already at highest resolution. I had searched the forum for solutions but only saw an older post that had to do with editing Firefox json files and I am not very comfortable with that, plus I have no other problems with FEBE or Firefox other than the size of the FEBE options window. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
gmon

Re: Options window too big to use

Postby cbaker_admin » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:54 pm

This thread has a solution to the re-sizing problem.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby gmon » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:41 pm

I had tried that and same result, opening options from anywhere, toolbar, addons, I get the same oversized window that can't be resized.
gmon

Postby cbaker_admin » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:40 pm

That is unusual. The options window should be resizable by opening it anywhere but the Add-ons Manager. Try copy/pasting this link into the address bar:

chrome://febe/content/settings/febeOptions.xul

It should open FEBE options in a new tab which you can bookmark.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby gmon » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:12 pm

That worked, thanks very much! hopefully whatever broke in Firefox will be fixed in the next iteration. It's only FEBE's option window affected though, none of my other addons option windows have been resized to unusability, and of course FEBE is the most useful addon.
gmon

Postby gmon » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:04 pm

not only is this still a problem in Firefox 55, but now I get the unresponsive script error and febe will not run at the scheduled time, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled and cleared all preferences too many times for this to continue
gmon

Postby cbaker_admin » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:34 pm

Have you tried setting FEBE Options > Advanced > Miscellaneous > Chrome script timeout to a higher number (say, 60 seconds)?

Sorry, but Mozilla has made too many changes to Fx for me to keep up with. It seems every new release breaks something. Since FEBE (and all other 'legacy' extensions) will no longer work with Fx v57 coming this November, I will not be maintaining it for Fx. I will, however, continue to support FEBE for Fx clones (like Pale Moon).

FEBE cannot be re-written with WebExtensions, which is the only platform Mozilla will allow for add-ons starting with v57.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Return to FEBE/CLEO