Another 0x80520015 error

"Firefox Environment Backup Extension" and "Compact Library Extension Organizer" discussion and bug reporting.

Re: Another 0x80520015 error

Postby cbaker_admin » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:38 pm

So, you would like me (Les) to own the files?

Yes. As owner, you should be able to give 'Everybody' full control. If 'Everybody' is not listed as a user group, give full control individually to each username/group in the list.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby LesC » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:32 pm

Chuck, I get an error message saying 'Unable to set new owner' for both files.

Also, looking at the properties, both files are zero bytes, zero files, zero folders in them.

I've tried copying and pasting them out of the way (in order to then to delete them) but this needs admin privileges (which I can't seem to get).

I've also tried renaming them temporarily, but again I don't have the privileges to do so.

Les
LesC

Postby cbaker_admin » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:39 am

Are you using Windows Explorer to change the permissions? Are you launching Windows Explorer from a desktop icon? If so, try opening it by Right-clicking the icon > Run as administrator. That should give you the rights you need to change the permissions.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby LesC » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:13 am

cbaker_admin wrote:Are you using Windows Explorer to change the permissions? Are you launching Windows Explorer from a desktop icon? If so, try opening it by Right-clicking the icon > Run as administrator. That should give you the rights you need to change the permissions.

Ah, that I didn't know.

However it makes no difference. I click on the icon pinned to the taskbar and am presented with the option to open as administrator, I click on it but nothing happens.

Using the same principle, I tried going through the start menu > computer > C: > Right-click (Manage) but again I was locked out of the files.

I then tried logged on as admin to access the files but without success, I get the same error messages that I am denied permission! That seems bizarre.

It also sounds like a more serious system problem and nothing to do with your software!

I think I'll try the selective disable of the extensions, though your selective back up is still working (thanks to you).
LesC

Postby cbaker_admin » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:27 am

I believe you mentioned that you had problems installing Windows 10. Maybe that and the current problem are related? Perhaps they are indicative of a more systemic computer problem. I hope not, but I'd thought I'd throw it out there.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby LesC » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:30 am

You might be right. Looks like my next stop is a call to Microsoft.

You, however, have been very helpful. Thank you.

Donation on the way. Take care,

Les
LesC

Previous

Return to FEBE/CLEO