FEBE v8.9.3 not compatable with Fx 49.0.2

"Firefox Environment Backup Extension" and "Compact Library Extension Organizer" discussion and bug reporting.

FEBE v8.9.3 not compatable with Fx 49.0.2

Postby cbaker_admin » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:23 pm

I've published the FEBE fix for browser history restore to AMO (FEBE v8.9.3), but there seems to be a problem with compatibility. Firefox is claiming that the new version is not compatible with v49.0.1 and v49.0.2. Actually it is, but Firefox is somehow incorrectly flagging it as not. I am trying to work with Mozilla to correct this problem but they are not being very responsive.

In the meantime, please revert back to FEBE v8.9.2 until the problem is resolved. Unfortunately, the older version will not restore browser history but everything else should work as expected. You can turn off the automatic FEBE update check by going to Tools > Add-ons Manager > FEBE > More and set Automatic Updates to off (near the bottom of the screen). This can be turned back on when the compatibility issue is fixed.

There is another work-around, but it requires adding or changing a preference in about:config and should only be used by users comfortable with changing Firefox preferences.

In the about:config screen, right-click and select New > Boolean. Paste extensions.checkCompatibility.49.0 and set the value to false.

Please be aware that this will allow any v49.0 non-compatible extension to be installed, not just FEBE. After the compatibility issue is resolved this preference should be deleted (or set to true).
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Re: FEBE v8.9.3 not compatable with Fx 49.0.2

Postby cbaker_admin » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:38 pm

Hopefully this problem is resolved. I've uploaded FEBE v8.9.3.1 to AMO. If you have auto-update for FEBE turned off, it is safe to turn it back on.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Return to FEBE/CLEO