FEBE Extension Stop Script Error

"Firefox Environment Backup Extension" and "Compact Library Extension Organizer" discussion and bug reporting.

FEBE Extension Stop Script Error

Postby CookieMonster » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:47 pm

Hi, I've been experiencing the error mentioned on this http://www.customsoftwareconsult.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1722 page for over two years. On the page it is mentioned it only happens on older version of FEBE. I'm using FEBE 8.9.3.1 and I'm still experiencing the problem specifically with these extensions.

1. Application Update Service Helper (v1.0) — Sets value(s) in the update url based on custom checks.
2. Default (v50.0.2) — The default theme.
3. IDM CC (v7.3.67) — Internet Download Manager integration module for Mozilla
4. Multi-process staged rollout (v1.5) — Staged rollout of Firefox multi-process feature.
5. Pocket (v1.0.5) — When you find something you want to view later, put it in Pocket.
6. Web Compat (v1.0) — Urgent post-release fixes for web compatibility.

I'm not aware if some of these extensions are redundant on FireFox 50.1.0 ?
CookieMonster

Re: FEBE Extension Stop Script Error

Postby cbaker_admin » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:05 pm

Those are all Fx system extensions and FEBE cannot back them up. Are they listed in FEBE's ignore list (FEBE Options > What to backup > Ignore list)? If not, they should be added.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby CookieMonster » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:10 pm

cbaker_admin wrote:Those are all Fx system extensions and FEBE cannot back them up. Are they listed in FEBE's ignore list (FEBE Options > What to backup > Ignore list)? If not, they should be added.

How do you add ? When I get the list, the extensions I want to ignore are not listed ?
CookieMonster

Postby cbaker_admin » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:06 pm

Just to be clear, are you getting the following message when attempting a backup?

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can
stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

How do you know if one or more of the six extensions you listed are causing the problem? When preforming a backup, do you get a popup message similar to the following?

If so, did you click the "Add to ignore list now" button? (After clicking the button, another confirmation popup will appear in which you should click "OK".)

Those six extensions should appear in the Ignore List. I've created a new, blank profile with only FEBE installed for testing. The Ignore List appears as follows:

Do those six extensions appear in the list generated in FEBE Options > Advanced > List installed add-ons?
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby CookieMonster » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:41 pm

I preformed a backup and was able to successfully ignore some of the items although as of recently that list is shorter as I've been doing some house cleaning with FireFox. The only problem I still get when preforming a backup is the following error; I usually click continue but I'd like to eliminate the error completely ?
Attachments
snippet.JPG
CookieMonster

Postby cbaker_admin » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:18 pm

As mentioned in the thread you pointed out before, you need to set a value in FEBE Options > Advanced > Miscellaneous > Advanced preferences > Chrome script timeout (seconds). Try setting it to '60' and see if that works for you.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby CookieMonster » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:27 pm

I set it to 120, hope it works next time I back up.
CookieMonster

Return to FEBE/CLEO