Anything to worry about?

"Firefox Environment Backup Extension" and "Compact Library Extension Organizer" discussion and bug reporting.

Anything to worry about?

Postby Alloneword » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:57 am

First things first, been using the app for donkeys and always wanted to make a donation and never have....... Until now :mrgreen:

I have just upgraded my FF and FEBE to latest versions and reset FEBE pref and taken a new backup and in the first image i'm unable to change any of the locations from C drive to my usual D drive, am i missing something here?
Lastly the 2nd image, when i ran the backup it came up with about half a dozen errors, i just clicked add the to the ignore list, any idea if this will cause any issues now or in the future?

All1
Alloneword

Re: Anything to worry about?

Postby cbaker_admin » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:07 am

The first image shows where certain folders that Fx uses are located. They cannot be changed. You can, however, use your D: drive (or any other) when specifying the backup destination directory in FEBE Options > Where to backup.

When Fx gets updated, there are usually several internal extensions that get installed that FEBE cannot backup. This is normal. Putting them in the ignore list is the best way to handle it.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby Alloneword » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:20 pm

cbaker_admin wrote:The first image shows where certain folders that Fx uses are located. They cannot be changed. You can, however, use your D: drive (or any other) when specifying the backup destination directory in FEBE Options > Where to backup.
I'm ok withtelling FEBE where to back up to and in my case that is the F Drive, however i boot to my D drive that is why i'm concerned it's saying C drive.

All1
Alloneword

Postby cbaker_admin » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:20 pm

While you may boot to your D: drive, Fx seems to be storing its files on your C: drive. You can click the "View" button to see what is in those directories.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Return to FEBE/CLEO