Page 1 of 1

FEBE 10.0 not restoring to Pale Moon 27.5.1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:37 pm
by gracious1
When I use FEBE 10.0 to try to restore
  • personas
  • extensions
I have yet to be successful.

When I restore personas, at first they all appear in the menu for Persona Switcher (version 3.0.4). But as soon as I restart, every one of the restored personas disappears, leaving only the personas that were previously installed.

As for extensions, when I try to restore with FEBE, the download status bar for each extension appears in the Add-ons Manager, but the download stalls. I end up having to cancel.

This is in Pale Moon 27.5.1 running on Ubuntu 14.04 .

Re: FEBE 10.0 not restoring to Pale Moon 27.5.1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:11 pm
by cbaker_admin
Thanks for the report. I am aware of the extension restoring issue and am currently trying to fix it. I will check in the persona problem also.

Another user has pointed out some problems and we are trying to work it out. You can monitor this thread to see when FEBE v10.1 is available for testing. Perhaps you would be willing to help test?

Re: FEBE 10.0 not restoring to Pale Moon 27.5.1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:38 am
by gracious1
cbaker_admin wrote:Perhaps you would be willing to help test?

Yes. I installed 10.01.
Unfortunately, I still cannot successfully
One thing I notice... the "restored" persona disappears the moment I select "Restart" from the menu. I don't even have to go through with the restart. As soon as the Restart dialog appears, the restored persona disappears, even before I click either the "Cancel" or "Save & Restart" button.

BTW, this is in Ubuntu 14.0.5 running PM 27.5.1 (64-bit).

Re: FEBE 10.0 not restoring to Pale Moon 27.5.1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:48 am
by cbaker_admin
While trying to fix this, I've noticed that the problem seems to be related to "restartless" (i.e., bootstrap) extensions. 'Normal" extensions seem to restore ok (at least for me). But I am still working on it.

Re: FEBE 10.0 not restoring to Pale Moon 27.5.1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:47 am
by BackerUpper
About personas, I never experienced issues. I've only ever used the Restore lightweight themes/All lightweight themes method and the AllInstalledLightweightThemes.personas file to restore them though, I don't remember ever trying to restore a single persona using another file or method.

Re: FEBE 10.0 not restoring to Pale Moon 27.5.1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:57 pm
by cbaker_admin
gracious1 wrote:When I use FEBE 10.0 to try to restore
  • personas
  • extensions
I have yet to be successful.

When I restore personas, at first they all appear in the menu for Persona Switcher (version 3.0.4). But as soon as I restart, every one of the restored personas disappears, leaving only the personas that were previously installed.

As for extensions, when I try to restore with FEBE, the download status bar for each extension appears in the Add-ons Manager, but the download stalls. I end up having to cancel.

This is in Pale Moon 27.5.1 running on Ubuntu 14.04 .


Could you supply links to Persona Switcher v3.0.4 (I could only find v2.0.4) and to some personas you are using?

As BackerUpper pointed out, the FEBE > Restore > Restore Themes > Restore lightweight themes (Personas) function is working for me.

Re: FEBE 10.0 not restoring to Pale Moon 27.5.1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:45 am
by gracious1
cbaker_admin wrote:
Could you supply links to Persona Switcher v3.0.4 (I could only find v2.0.4) and to some personas you are using?

As BackerUpper pointed out, the FEBE > Restore > Restore Themes > Restore lightweight themes (Personas) function is working for me.


Link to Persona Switcher v3.0.4
https://github.com/drsjb80/personaswitc ... +sm+tb.xpi

Some personas that I have been using:
Peanuts Snoopy Thanksgiving'
Pooh and Friends Thanksgiving
Little Flowers
Japanese Tattoo
All Fall by MaDonna
Two Little Birds

Re: FEBE 10.0 not restoring to Pale Moon 27.5.1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:28 am
by gracious1
Hello, I have since upgraded to PM 27.6.2 and FEBE 10.1, and the problem of personas disappearing on restart appears to be gone.

However, I do notice that with PS 3.0.4, I need to disable PS and then re-enable it for PS to see the new personas. This is probably expected behavior?

Re: FEBE 10.0 not restoring to Pale Moon 27.5.1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:27 pm
by cbaker_admin
gracious1 wrote:However, I do notice that with PS 3.0.4, I need to disable PS and then re-enable it for PS to see the new personas. This is probably expected behavior?


I've installed PS v3.0.4 and all the personas you listed. It seems to be working fine for me. I backed up and restored "All lightweight themes" and the persona displayed as expected after a restart.