Backup password exceptions?

"Firefox Environment Backup Extension" and "Compact Library Extension Organizer" discussion and bug reporting.

Backup password exceptions?

Postby BackerUpper » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:03 am

Is it possible to back these up, too? I just confirmed the backing up and restoring "Usernames and Passwords" does not restore (or backup at all) the exceptions. Not really sure where these are stored on the Pale Moon profile. Thanks.

FEBE 10.2 - Pale Moon 27.8.2 - W10

update: I think these should be stored along with the Permissions. I'll test.
Attachments
Clipboard Image.png
Windows 10 Pro x64 - Pale Moon browser
BackerUpper

Re: Backup password exceptions?

Postby BackerUpper » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:08 am

Did a Permissions backup/restore and password exceptions are not being restored.
BackerUpper

Postby cbaker_admin » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:11 pm

The password exceptions are stored in a file named signons.sqlite located in your profile directory. Firefox stopped using it in version 32 but apparently Pale Moon still does.

FEBE has no explicit way to backup/restore the exceptions. You can, however, setup a user-defined backup for signons.sqlite.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby BackerUpper » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:53 pm

Thanks Chuck. I couldn't find signons.sqlite in my profile. I have exceptions enabled but it's not there. I did a search, and I think they are stored in logins.json, which I believe also contains the usernames and passwords. Right at the end of the file's contents after the last username/password, there's this entry that contains my current two exceptions:

"disabledHosts":["https://example1.com","https://www.example2.com"],"version":1}
BackerUpper

Return to FEBE/CLEO