Incomplete backup - no extensions among other missing items

"Firefox Environment Backup Extension" and "Compact Library Extension Organizer" discussion and bug reporting.

Postby cbaker_admin » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:49 am

1) Take a look in the error console (Tools > Error console) and see if it mentions any error related to FEBE.

2) Run a profile backup in debug mode (FEBE Options > Debug). A DOS window should appear.

3) Post any error messages found in the above two here.

Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby cblover » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:27 am

cbaker_admin wrote:1) Take a look in the error console (Tools > Error console) and see if it mentions any error related to FEBE.

2) Run a profile backup in debug mode (FEBE Options > Debug). A DOS window should appear.

3) Post any error messages found in the above two here.

Chuck

There were no FEBE errors shown by the Error Console. I reset the defaults in debug, got the alert that needed destination file designated, did that reran and got nothing -- no DOS window. No errors that I am aware of. Sorry, but I am probably not of much use.
cblover

Postby cbaker_admin » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:09 pm

Oh well ... If there are no errors to debug, it's going to be tough to troubleshoot. The only thing I can think of is that you are using Windows XP Pro Media Edition. I've only tested FEBE on Windows XP Home Edition SP2. Maybe others reading this thread can verify they are using the Pro Media Edition.

I'm curious, what do you have displayed in FEBE Options > Notes > System?

Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby cblover » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:26 pm

cbaker_admin wrote:I'm curious, what do you have displayed in FEBE Options > Notes > System?

Chuck

I have tried two different methods, both of which work in the Custom Buttons Forum, of displaying an image of the information you requested, but neither of them worked; therefore, I have posted the image at http://minidata.googlepages.com/FEBESystemInfo.jpg.
cblover

FEBE error: could not copy...

Postby alexsupra » Thu May 03, 2007 10:30 am

I have winxp sp2, firefox 2.0.0.3, last beta version of FEBE 5.0.
I cant make extensions backup cause FEBE displays error on every extension while processing it.
It drops the window with the following text message: "Febe error... Exception... Component returned failurecode NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND... " and
depending upon current extension the following "Could not copy C:\Docume~1\...\febe.tmp\BetterGmail{0.5}.xpi to D:\NewFolder\BetterGmail{0.5}.xpi"
Thus i got no extensions backup at all (target folder is absolutly empty after the whole procedure) and all temporary files are deleted (there are some files in temp folder appearing and disappearing while the process is going on, maybe i need them...).
I have absolutly normal folder names, and everything seems to me allright, but FEBE doesn't want to be my friend... :((
alexsupra

Postby cbaker_admin » Thu May 03, 2007 12:11 pm

Is your "D:"drive a CD ROM? There is a known problem with using them as a backup destination directory.

What happens when you select a backup destination directory on your C: drive?

Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby rpg_master84 » Sat May 26, 2007 6:04 pm

hi...i'm new in using this one. i think this is a rockin firefox extension. unfortunately it's not doing what it's supposed to do at my computer.

i'm using firefox 2.0.0.3, FEBE 5.0 RC1 and windows XP.

this is my FEBE result page
FEBE Results Report
Version: 5.0RC1
by: Chuck Baker
Debug mode on ...
Individual batch files located in C:\DOCUME~1\Customer\LOCALS~1\Temp\febe.tmp

Items processed: 2 total (Created in: C:\Documents and Settings\Customer\My Documents\FEBE\FEBE 2007 05-26 17.59.00)

Extensions processed: (1 total) - indicates a user disabled extension.
1. FEBE GUID {4BBDD651-70CF-4821-84F8-2B918CF89CA3}

Profile backed up to: profile{default}.fbu

for some reason, the extension that's backed up is only FEBE and nothing else. the rest of the extensions backed up on the tmp directories.

i wonder what's happening....
rpg_master84

Postby cbaker_admin » Sat May 26, 2007 6:11 pm

It looks like you requested a "Full profile" backup. Go to FEBE Options > Options > Backup type and choose the "Selective" backup. Then check the items you want to back up.

Also, you should turn off the debug mode for normal operation.

Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to FEBE/CLEO