strange problem with FEBE

"Firefox Environment Backup Extension" and "Compact Library Extension Organizer" discussion and bug reporting.

strange problem with FEBE

Postby mdicosimo » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:56 am

Hello there, I've been using (the great) FEBE for some months with no problems on 3 PCs under Windows and Linux but now, for the first time, the following is happening:

I've just installed FEBE for a normal user under Linux and when trying to Restore or Backup the following error appears in the Firefox Error Console:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED) [nsIFile.remove]" nsresult: "0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://febe/content/febe.js :: febeInitDir :: line 1007" data: no]

The same happens for 4.0.4 and 4.0.5. I've also tried to give read, write and execute rights to everyone for all files in the FEBE extension folder but didn't work as well.

If I log in as administrator on the same PC it works; everything is also OK for normal users on other PCs.

Any idea?

Thank you,

Max
mdicosimo

Postby cbaker_admin » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:38 am

It sounds like a permission problem with the temp directory. Since this directory location varies with OSes, I can't give you the exact URL. But you can install FEBE v5.0 which gives you the temp location in the FEBE Options > Debug pane. (In fact, you can even specify the location there.)

Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby mdicosimo » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:27 am

Ok. Successful using 5.0.
Thank you.
Max
mdicosimo

Return to FEBE/CLEO