FEBE 7 beta releases

"Firefox Environment Backup Extension" and "Compact Library Extension Organizer" discussion and bug reporting.

Re: FEBE 7 beta releases

Postby cbaker_admin » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:21 am

I have tested user defined backup the insert not working ???

I do not know much about the HTTPS-Everywhere extension, but this page says the ruleset files are saved in the profile/HTTPSEverywhereUserRules directory.

You should be able to create a user-defined backup entry to backup this directory. What problems are you having?
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby AMG » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:43 am

Hi

I have setting see this is ok:

Bild 1.jpg
Bild 1.jpg (63.4 KiB) Viewed 20619 times

when then i make backup this make not !!!
I open settings then see not my user settings febe not merge this !!!

HTTPSEverywhereUserRules
Attachments
Bild 2.jpg
Bild 2.jpg (49.81 KiB) Viewed 20619 times
AMG

Postby cbaker_admin » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:58 am

Are you clicking buttons #1 and #2 (in that order) when saving?

cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby AMG » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:30 am

Hello

Thanks i have not step #2 maked its all ok working perfect thanks !!! :D :D :D
AMG

Postby AMG » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:35 am

Hi cbaker

The restore maked not complette my rules xml's see screenshot left site is the restore xml's and the right site is my original manual backup xml's ???
Bild 3.jpg
Bild 3.jpg (245.93 KiB) Viewed 20615 times

Here my xml's in a zip file for testings --->
Rules.ZIP
(10.96 KiB) Downloaded 352 times
!!! :?: :?: :?:
AMG

Postby cbaker_admin » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:02 am

What is the contents of your HTTPSEverywhereRulesets{profileName}.fbu backup file? Is everything there but is just not restoring?
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby AMG » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:50 pm

Hi

Here my .fbu file --->
HTTPSEverywhereUserRules{default}.zip
(6.96 KiB) Downloaded 353 times
!!!
AMG

Postby AMG » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:53 pm

I have 40 .xml file FEBE retored 4 .xml files ???
AMG

Postby vinograd » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:49 pm

Chuck,

Running b4, but the ignore list does not seem to function. I have checked and saved java console and java quick start but I still get error messages about them not being found.

Any suggestions?

Dave
vinograd

Postby darkeforce » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:25 am

I'm using beta4 with FF 4.0.1, but scheduled backup doesn't work. It warns of the backup impending, but then it just doesn't do it. Then, when I try to select "Perform Backup" from the dropdown on the FEBE icon, nothing happens, either.

Additionally, selecting "FEBE Options" from the Icon's dropdown menu just opens an empty window; I can only open options from the addons window. Additionally, the options box is way too tall; I can't get both the menu buttons and the "Okay" button showing at once, and the window won't resize.

Basically, FEBE is totally FUBAR right now.
darkeforce

Postby cbaker_admin » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:06 am

I understand your frustration., believe me. I've put more effort into getting FEBE working with Fx 4 than all the other Fx upgrades combined. Most of the problems stem from Mozilla removing the old tried-and-true extentionManager component (which FEBE, CLEO, OPIE and TEBE all relied heavily upon to do their job). They replaced it with the new AddonsManager which works completely differently (and doesn'''t even do some of the things the old one did).

The biggest aggravation to me is my inability to duplicate the issues users are posting about. If I can't duplicate them, I can't fix them. There are not many other Fx extensions that utilize the new AddonsManager so it is hard to find example code that works or other developers to compare notes with.

I really do appreciate all the posts from users experiencing problems and their patience with me while trying to figure them out.
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby cbaker_admin » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:29 am

darkeforce wrote:Additionally, selecting "FEBE Options" from the Icon's dropdown menu just opens an empty window; I can only open options from the addons window. Additionally, the options box is way too tall; I can't get both the menu buttons and the "Okay" button showing at once, and the window won't resize.

Another user discovered that the options window is blank only when opening it for the first time after Fx starts, but opens correctly after that until the next restart. Does yours work like that?

As far a not being able to resize the options window, that is an ancient Mozilla bug that doesn't appear to be a priority.

Basically, FEBE is totally FUBAR right now.

I realize this may be asking a lot, but would it be possible for you to temporarily disable all your extensions (except FEBE, of course) to see if FEBE operates correctly? This would tell me if there is a possible extension conflict that prevents you from backing up.
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby fraschi » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:37 pm

Here (FF4.0.1 on WinXP SP3) is the same: Selecting "FEBE Options" from the Icon's dropdown menu just opens an empty window - and that on every try, not only for the first time after FF-Start; I can only open options from the addons window.
The following two Errors I can find in the Error Console (german "Fehler" = "Error", "Quelldatei" = "Source-File", "Zeile" = "row"):
Fehler: febeCloseButtonEtc is not defined
Quelldatei: chrome://febe/content/settings/febeOptions.xul
Zeile: 1
Fehler: febeHandleSounds is not defined
Quelldatei: chrome://global/content/bindings/dialog.xml
Zeile: 363

Ciao Franklin
fraschi

Postby cbaker_admin » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:09 am

I am fairly certain that the problem is (at least in your case) due to the fact that FEBE v7 has not been fully translated into other languages yet. Only the en-US locale is complete and all non-english locales are missing the needed entities. I hope to submit FEBE for translation very soon.
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby fraschi » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:46 am

No, no, I only translated for your understanding the words in the german ErrorConsole.
Mainly the prob with the empty options-dialog I want to confirm.
fraschi

PreviousNext

Return to FEBE/CLEO