FEBE could not be installed, appears to be corrupt

"Firefox Environment Backup Extension" and "Compact Library Extension Organizer" discussion and bug reporting.

FEBE could not be installed, appears to be corrupt

Postby madrat » Tue May 07, 2019 2:29 pm

I'm sure there's an easy workaround that I just haven't noticed, but when I click the "Install" link for FEBE I get the message "The add-on downloaded from this site could not be installed because it appears to be corrupt." after it's finished downloading.
How do I fix this? I'd be glad to give more details if requested.

madrat

Re: FEBE could not be installed, appears to be corrupt

Postby cbaker_admin » Tue May 07, 2019 6:47 pm

This is due the the so-called "armagadd-on 2.0" Firefox bug. Mozilla is working on a fix.

You may have noticed that all your extensions were disabled on May 3, 2019. Many add-ons (including FEBE) cannot be downloaded/installed because of the invalid security certificate. The extensions for Fx v66 have mostly been fixed, but for older versions it is still broken.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby madrat » Wed May 08, 2019 12:36 am

Thanks, for the info. I've got Firefox 66.0.5 but it looks like I'm still in for a wait since it still isn't working. I'll report back when it is. Nothing I can do until then, right?
madrat

Postby cbaker_admin » Wed May 08, 2019 9:30 am

Sorry, but FEBE only works with Fx v56 and lower (it's considered a 'legacy' extension). All legacy add-ons stopped working with Fx v57.

I have two FEBE releases available. One for Firefox version 56 (and below) and one for the Pale Moon browser, but none that work with Fx v66.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby madrat » Wed May 08, 2019 10:24 am

Woops, sorry about that. I had a feeling I was missing something important.
madrat

Return to FEBE/CLEO