[Forum Support] Cannot upload Avatar

Technical issues regarding this web forum.

[Forum Support] Cannot upload Avatar

Postby seamaiden » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:25 pm

Since you do not have a general support area, I guess it's take your pick where to post this. When trying to upload an avatar to my forum profile, the following message displayed, and then the page went back to the forum index.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(./images/avatars/4440974834697fb342bf30.gif) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/cbaker/public_html/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 288

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpp8M4XN' to './images/avatars/4440974834697fb342bf30.gif' in /home/cbaker/public_html/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 288

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cbaker/public_html/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php:288) in /home/cbaker/public_html/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 483

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cbaker/public_html/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php:288) in /home/cbaker/public_html/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 485

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cbaker/public_html/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php:288) in /home/cbaker/public_html/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 486

The avatar is a gif image, 48x48 pixels and 2.37kb in size.
seamaiden

Postby cbaker_admin » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:52 pm

Hmmm ... don't know why. If you give me a URL to your avatar, I'll put it in through the admin panel. (You can pm it to me if you don't want it public.)

BTW, I've "upgraded" your account to "contributor". No big thang, but only a couple of other users have that rating :wink:

Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Re: [Forum Support] Cannot upload Avatar

Postby relay12 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:25 pm

seamaiden wrote:...
When trying to upload an avatar to my forum profile, the following message displayed, and then the page went back to the forum index.

80x 80, 2.66 KB (2,723 Bytes)

my upload of an avatar failed as well with similar error. Has anyone successfully loaded an file for their avatar.
Skip
relay12b at hot mail dot com
relay12

Same error, minor twist

Postby kdq » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:20 am

Warning: copy(./images/avatars/4585236944873ae1c57c35.gif) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/cbaker/public_html/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 288

Also tried loading from my site, no luck.

http://quitt.net/forumcaric.gif

75x80, 2,858 bytes

I'll see if using a link works; I'd prefer not to do it that way.

Edit: Clearly it does not.

kdq

Postby eriji » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:25 pm

My current avatar shows the "broken file" icon, so I figured I would upload an image from my machine.

The file I selected was about 73x77pixels and about 3kb.

I clicked on submit/upload and it showed an error page for a few seconds with the following information:

Code: Select all
Warning: copy(./images/avatars/199946381549f603b3a5a0e.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/cbaker/public_html/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php on line 288

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cbaker/public_html/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php:288) in /home/cbaker/public_html/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 483

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cbaker/public_html/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php:288) in /home/cbaker/public_html/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 485

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cbaker/public_html/phpBB2/includes/usercp_avatar.php:288) in /home/cbaker/public_html/phpBB2/includes/page_header.php on line 486

If it can be uploaded manually, then my avatar can be found at: https://www.box.net/shared/9begvllfy5
eriji

Postby cbaker_admin » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:45 pm

This forum software is old and clunky. I've been meaning to upgrade, but haven't made the time.

Avatars only seem to work if hosted somewhere else. I'll host your picture for you.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby eriji » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:57 pm

ok cool. If it gets to be a problem, I can do it that way too.
thanks!
eriji

Re: [Forum Support] Cannot upload Avatar

Postby relay12 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:23 am

relay12 wrote:
seamaiden wrote:...
When trying to upload an avatar to my forum profile, the following message displayed, and then the page went back to the forum index.

80x 80, 2.66 KB (2,723 Bytes)

my upload of an avatar failed as well with similar error. Has anyone successfully loaded an file for their avatar.

I guess avatars are disabled I can't find page where you do this now (... the things you forget after 6yrs)
relay12

Return to Forum Support (not extension related)