FEBE 7 beta releases

"Firefox Environment Backup Extension" and "Compact Library Extension Organizer" discussion and bug reporting.

Re: FEBE 7 beta releases

Postby Cr4z33 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:51 am

tomorrow wrote:It's still there.Ss far as i can see it disables itself when there is no cache in the profile folder.Hence why it's greyed out.And there is an about:config setting for this too.

Mate there's simply no cache backup option neither in the Beta 1 nor in the Beta 2 build. :wink:

Cr4z33

Postby tomorrow » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:41 am

Cr4z33 wrote:
tomorrow wrote:It's still there.Ss far as i can see it disables itself when there is no cache in the profile folder.Hence why it's greyed out.And there is an about:config setting for this too.

Mate there's simply no cache backup option neither in the Beta 1 nor in the Beta 2 build. :wink:

How to backup tab and last option there mate :wink:
tomorrow

Postby Cr4z33 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:57 am

OK thanks. :)
Now the problem is that if I add a User-defined backup whenever I go back to the FEBE option it is almost impossible to view the What to backup tab content.
Cr4z33

Postby tomorrow » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:32 am

The Options windows should be resizeable.Atleast it is for me.
tomorrow

Postby cbaker_admin » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:54 pm

@awolfe: I don't know why some people have the Java Console extensions installed and some (like me) do not. Firefox appearently installs them when and if needed. You can uninstall them by following the instructions in this blog post.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby cbaker_admin » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:59 pm

Jay wrote:... I then went to Tools in Firefox Menu Bar to look for the error console under FEBE to try to get the error but the CONSOLE is NOT there!

There is no error console under Tools > FEBE, but there should be under Tools > Error Console. Do you not have it listed there?
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby cbaker_admin » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:24 pm

tomorrow wrote:Not a breaking issue but why does FEBE still unpacks itself in extensions folder in profile directory?
I notice most addons now stay in .xpi format which i prefer.

In Fx4, a developer has to implicitly state in the extension's install.rdf file that it is to be installed unpacked. The reason for leaving FEBE unpacked involves the ability to read/write files within the extension directory. FEBE simply cannot work properly as an intact .xpi file.

Second small thing.I have reports turned off but FEBEresults.html is still created in profile directory.Why is that?

I'll put that on my list of bugs to fix.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby tomorrow » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:23 pm

cbaker_admin wrote:
tomorrow wrote:Not a breaking issue but why does FEBE still unpacks itself in extensions folder in profile directory?
I notice most addons now stay in .xpi format which i prefer.

In Fx4, a developer has to implicitly state in the extension's install.rdf file that it is to be installed unpacked. The reason for leaving FEBE unpacked involves the ability to read/write files within the extension directory. FEBE simply cannot work properly as an intact .xpi file.

Ok understood :wink:
tomorrow

Postby Cr4z33 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:34 am

tomorrow wrote:The Options windows should be resizeable.Atleast it is for me.

You misunderstood.
I meant there's no content in that tab section.
I have to swap tab or to exit/enter FEBE to be able to see its content again.
Cr4z33

Postby tabbykitty » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:32 am

Hi Chuck

Thank you for the beta, felt lost without FEBE :shock:

I also went to the quick backup and there was nothing to select at first (even when I clicked the "Get List" button) until I selected a backup folder using browse (I hadn't anything in that box) and then clicked the "Get List" button and all worked fine. Perhaps this is what caused the issue?

fgump wrote:Hi Chuck. Thanks for the v7 beta release!

Bugs that I found so far (if you can confirm) using FF4b3
1). When I go to quick backup, there is nothing to select (Items to Backup is blank). I have plenty of addons installed, but doesn't seem to show anything. I hope the quick backup will be updated as per the wishlist forum (link posted below).

Best Regards,

FGump
tabbykitty

Postby Jay » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:50 pm

cbaker_admin wrote:
Jay wrote:... I then went to Tools in Firefox Menu Bar to look for the error console under FEBE to try to get the error but the CONSOLE is NOT there!

There is no error console under Tools > FEBE, but there should be under Tools > Error Console. Do you not have it listed there?

ChucK:

You are right. Error console is there. However, I cannot copy and paste errors. Nevertheless, and strangely, FEBE BETA2 started working all of a sudden. However, sometimes when you click on "Verify Extensions Directory" no extensions are found. Other times, the extensions ARE FOUND. Secondly, when a backup does occur, 3 extensions are reported as not found (Roboform 7.2.7, DIVX HiQ 2.1.1.94, and DIVX Plus Web Player HTML5 Video 2.1.1.94). I do not know whether it is FEBE's fault or the fault of the extension. However, these three are part of the 18 extensions that FEBE BETA2 detects when I click on the "Verify Extension Directory" Tab under ADVANCED in FEBE OPTIONS MENU.
Jay

Postby cbaker_admin » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:48 pm

However, I cannot copy and paste errors.

After you open the error console and filter for "febe", select one of the errors by clicking on it once. Press CTRL-A to select all. Right click and click "Copy". Then paste the errors here.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby silkphoenix » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:42 am

I have started using your Febe 7.0 beta2 two days ago. Since then, the size of my backup has gone down significantly. It used be around 70MB before I downloaded beta2 and now it has gone down to 49MB only. Could you please let me know what happened? Why would the size of the backup gone down so much between the two versions (I was using the version before b2).

Also it used to take about 15-20 minutes for my backup, now it only takes around 15-20 SECONDS! I do think something is wrong. Please advise.

Thank you.
silkphoenix

Postby tomorrow » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:54 am

silkphoenix wrote:I have started using your Febe 7.0 beta2 two days ago. Since then, the size of my backup has gone down significantly. It used be around 70MB before I downloaded beta2 and now it has gone down to 49MB only. Could you please let me know what happened? Why would the size of the backup gone down so much between the two versions (I was using the version before b2).

Also it used to take about 15-20 minutes for my backup, now it only takes around 15-20 SECONDS! I do think something is wrong. Please advise.

Thank you.

Are you using Run Asynchronously (How to backup tab in options)?

My profile folder is about 33MB yet the backups are currently around 9,5MB.I checked and everything seems to be there and this is with bot async on or off.
tomorrow

Postby silkphoenix » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:21 am

Thank you, tomorrow, for your response.

Yes, I am using Run Asynchronously. My Profile is 237 MB. So in proportion to yours, my backup should be around 65MB, which as I mentioned in my post, it used to be that size before I used b2 (I was using b1). How did you check to make sure everything is there? I did get the FEBE Results Report in Firefox when the backup is finished. And like I said, it used to take 15-20 minutes and now only 15-20 SECONDS.

Thank you.
silkphoenix

PreviousNext

Return to FEBE/CLEO