FEBE does nothing at all

"Firefox Environment Backup Extension" and "Compact Library Extension Organizer" discussion and bug reporting.

FEBE does nothing at all

Postby Spanjbob » Sun May 06, 2018 5:47 pm

Since several days ago when I try to perform backup with FEBE, it does nothing at all, as if I didn't click the button. Similarly, when I get the notification to run FEBE again as two weeks have passed, I click OK and nothing happens. Normally it takes a few minutes and I need to set it to ignore unresponsive scripts. I checked the backup folder on my external drive and nothing gets put there when this happens.

I've got FF ESR 52.7.4 and FEBE 8.9.3.1.
Spanjbob

Re: FEBE does nothing at all

Postby cbaker_admin » Sun May 06, 2018 6:22 pm

Are you getting any FEBE related errors in the error console (Tools > Web Developer > Browser Console)?

Also try running "Clear FEBE preferences", "Verify extension directory" and "Check AddonManager functionality" in FEBE Options > Advanced. (You will need to re-enter your FEBE backup destination directory and other backup options after clearing.)

If you are still experiencing problems, try this: Open and clear the Error console. Leave it open and perform a backup. Examine the error console for any FEBE related error messages (type febe in the "Search:" box). Copy/paste them here.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby Spanjbob » Mon May 07, 2018 12:28 pm

Thanks, that helped. I was getting some read-only error in the console. Turns out that my hard drive up and decided to become read-only. Forced reinstall of HDD drivers and the problem is gone :-D
Spanjbob

Postby cbaker_admin » Mon May 07, 2018 1:44 pm

The hard drive setting itself to read-only? That's odd, but certainly would affect backing up.

Happy to hear everything is back to normal. :)
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Return to FEBE/CLEO