FEBE data (User-defined backups) lost

My Firefox extensions that have been released for Pale Moon

FEBE data (User-defined backups) lost

Postby BackerUpper » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:29 am

Hello again, not sure what happened but all of my User-defined backups are gone. I mean the selections in Options/What to backup/User-defined backups. All of my other options are untouched.

I do have a backup file ("FEBE data{default}-febeUserDefinedBuData.json") that contains them, but cannot find a way to restore it. Can they be restored?

Not a big deal since I can re-create them, but it does take some time. Hopefully, it was my mistake and not a problem with the new 10.4 version.
Windows 10 Pro x64 - Pale Moon browser
BackerUpper

Re: FEBE data (User-defined backups) lost

Postby BackerUpper » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:14 am

Ok, I found the way to restore them. I had created a new user-defined backup and that is why the option to restore "FEBE data" was not available. I pressed Reset and then restored the file.

I'll repost if the backups disappear again.
BackerUpper

Postby cbaker_admin » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:11 am

I have seen the user-defined backup file disappear before, but never could figure out why. Since it doesn't happen very often, I've never bothered to troubleshoot. One of my suspicions is that my anti-virus software is deleting it. I don't have any proof, but I've read where other programs would mysteriously stop working because critical parts were removed by the AVS.
Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Postby BackerUpper » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:21 am

I remember this "glitch" several times in the past when pressing Edit, nothing would appear in the Select... drop-down menu (in the User-defined backups section in Options). However, after a FEBE (or perhaps browser) restart they always re-appeared. They didn't this time. I don't remember any antivirus warnings.
BackerUpper

Return to Pale Moon