[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
Chuck Baker's Firefox Extension Forum • View topic - Popup window bugs

Popup window bugs

Discussion and bug reporting for the Text Input Recovery Extension

Popup window bugs

Postby martin.von.wittich » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:42 am

Hi,

first of all: thanks for creating this extension. It doesn't work very well yet, but I've waited for years for someone to come up with a replacement for Lazarus, so I'm very much looking forward to this :)

Now to the bugs: our product has a web mailer where you can write emails in a popup window that looks like this:

[See popup.png]

Bug 1: ​When you open two of these popups at once, TIRE only saves the contents of one of the windows. I did this by accident and typed my changes into the second window (while the first window only contained the signature you see above, without any changes) and wondered why TIRE didn't seem to save any of my changes. Took me a few minutes to figure out that it was saving the content of the /other/ window ^^

Bug 2: TIRE overwrites the saved text in the storage with the default text a few seconds after I close and reopen the popup window. I can see in the TIRE options page that it is able to save multiple values per page (at least there's a column "# saved values" and some other sites have >1), but for some reason that doesn't seem to work for this window.

Bug 3: the popup window has no button to restore the text, the button is only contained in the toolbar of the parent window because the popup window doesn't have a toolbar. I tried clicking the button in the parent window, but that doesn't seem to do anything. I'm not sure if it simply doesn't work this way (maybe because the popup window loses focus and then button doesn't know which textarea it is supposed to restore?), or if bug 2 overwrites the saved text before I click the button.
I think Lazarus solved this pretty well with a small icon in the upper right of a textarea, I'd like to see that in TIRE too.

If you need access to the site to reproduce the issue. you can register an account in our support forums: https://support.iserv.eu/idesk/crm_register/

The registration is in German (Vorname = first name, Nachname = last name, Schule/Firma = company, Funktion/Position: job description, Ort = city, IServ-Domain = none, E-Mail: your e-mail address, leave the rest blank; note that it might take a while to activate the account, we do that by hand), but the web interface can be switched to English (go to Verwaltung and select English in the Sprache select box). Then click on E-Mail -> Compose to get the affected popup window.
Attachments
popup.png
martin.von.wittich

Re: Popup window bugs

Postby cbaker_admin » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:41 pm

Chuck
cbaker_admin
Site Admin

Re: Popup window bugs

Postby martin.von.wittich » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:54 am

martin.von.wittich

Return to TIRE